The Director's Council was formed in 1985 to assist the Museum in the area of acquisitions. Council members enjoy a varied program of special events, and a portion of the Council's annual membership dues are donated to an acquisitions fund. The culmination of the season is a Purchase Meeting, at which Council members purchase a work of art for the Modern's permanent collection. We provide an ambitious, creative approach to understanding collecting in today's art market. Special events and programs exclusively for the Director's Council begin each fall.
Annual Membership Dues – $600
Annual membership benefits include:
- Exclusive invitations to Director's Council events
- Unlimited free admission to the Modern
- Unlimited free admission for all children under 18 living at the same address
- Free subscription to At the Modern, the Museum members' magazine and calendar of events ($20 value)
- Priority enrollment and discounts for all classes at the Modern
- Invitation to the New Member Orientation
- Complimentary invitation for TWO to all Members' evening special exhibition previews and cocktail receptions
- Members-only annual children's afternoon program
- Reciprocal admission and discounts at more than 150 museums worldwide
- 20% discount on all regularly priced items in The Modern Shop and The Modern Online
- 10% discount at Café Modern
- Discounted tickets to Modern film and music events
For more information, please call our membership office, 817.840.2142 or email email@example.com.