Assistant to Museum Director
Assists the Director with tasks including but not limited to:
- Serve as the administrative contact for the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and coordinate documents, minutes and correspondence for the Board and Museum Director.
- Provide administrative support including taking phone messages, sorting mail, arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, greeting special guests, etc.
- Assure that files and data are properly maintained and organized – on-line and manually.
- Assist Director with art related research.
- Complete special projects that may involve extensive correspondence, database maintenance, and on-line and manual document organization and tracking.
- Assist with special events.
- Assist Membership/Special Events Department and other departments with a variety of tasks as requested.
- Complete other tasks and special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years minimum prior administrative work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably with art history background
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and complete work on a timely basis
- Ability to accurately and efficiently attend to details and multi-task
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with staff and Board members
- Ability to be tactful and maintain confidentiality
- Professional appearance and demeanor
This is a part-time position requiring 20 – 23 hours per week working Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 -3:00 p.m.
Part Time Retail Sales Associate
To assist the managers in the daily operations of retail through customer service, POS sales and inventory management through product knowledge and restocking.
Reports to Retail Manager, Retail Assistant Manager and Senior Retail Sales Associate
• The ability to stand for 7 plus hours a day.
• The ability to lift 12 lb. cartons is required.
• Basic computer knowledge is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are helpful but not required.
• Proficiency and understanding of POS software in use is required.
• This job requires one or two days Tuesday-Friday and weekend availability. Occasional evening hours are possible.
• Good verbal and written skills are required.
• Must possess the ability to work in a team environment.
• Cover sales floor and assist customers.
• Assist managers in implementation of procedures regarding staff and retail operations.
• Maintain and provide an aesthetically pleasing and clean retail environment.
• Sales floor inventory replenishment & Store organization.
• Merchandise, back stock, bags, wrapping supplies, receipt paper
• Notify managers of inventory needs.
• Opening registers every day.
• Ringing up sales.
• Gift wrapping purchases.
• Closing cash registers and filling out deposit slips using POS software at end of day.
• Contribute to end of fiscal year audit.
Click here to apply.
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs Available at Cafe Modern, Bon Appetit Management Co.
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.