Library & Archives Administrator (Part-Time)
Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth seeks a part-time (3 days per week) professional information specialist to assume library and archives duties. Candidates should possess knowledge of art history and/or visual arts, particularly for art post-WWII.
- Conduct searches for information and materials
- Respond to reference queries, both in person and remotely
- Monitor the research area as needed, ensure the proper handling of records/materials, and assist researchers as needed
- Retrieve manuscript boxes, books, periodicals, and other materials for use by researchers; re-shelve materials after use
- Identify and take action on records and items requiring preservation and rehabilitation
- Provide clear written and oral communication on a regular basis with all Museum departments
- Present instructional classes to departments on how to use library and archive services
- Maintain and organize collections and workspaces
- Understand and apply current copyright laws and standards and conduct copyright permission requests for materials when needed
- Stay abreast in museum library trends
- Provide reference for museum staff, volunteers, and researchers
- Apply RDA cataloging rules to the library’s collections using OCLC Connexion and Worldcat.
- Process materials with barcodes, stamps, and labels
- Conduct circulation, collection management, instruction, outreach, and social media duties
- Adopt and implement a Records Management Policy and Social Media for Archived Images Policy for materials, notably born digital materials
- Produce and administer a Records Survey for the museum’s individual departments to use to describe what is in their records series
- Design and apply a plan on how to arrange materials at the file folder and series levels
- Prepare form and routine written responses and may draft responses to more complex inquiries
- Use word processing software to prepare archival electronic finding aids and description
- Make photocopies or digital reproduction for researchers, staff, and the public
Preferred Technology & Equipment Knowledge
Aleph Integrated Library System, OCLC Connexion, scanner, Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Photoshop
Education requirements are a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited program. The Museum Librarian will report to the Head Registrar.
Individuals interested in the opportunity should submit a CV or résumé to http://www.themodern.org/contact/careers/apply.
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs Available at Cafe Modern, Bon Appetit Management Co.
Please go to Opportunities by Location, Fort Worth, TX, click on the job listing you desire and apply on-line.