Every Thursday, the writers of the Modern Blog share a few items of interest that they've come across online. These links will generally relate to art, museums, artists, or perhaps they brought up ideas and concepts which we found worth exploring. Enjoy!
- Our docents were in New York this week and stopped by MoMA to see their Cindy Sherman exhibition, and we've heard nothing but good reviews! If you can't make it to New York to see it, fear not - it's coming to the Dallas Museum of Art in March 2013.)
- Speaking of Dallas, the New York Times wrote an article about the conflict between the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Museum Tower condominium complex last week. It's a story that's definitely worth keeping up with.
- The Metropolitan Museum plans to correct an error discovered by a visiting seventh-grader. (via the Hartford Courant)
- The New Yorker featured an article in which Art Spiegelman reminisces about his collaboration with Maurice Sendak on a New Yorker comic strip.
- Tyler Green's Modern Art Notes Podcast from last week featured Robert Irwin, and it gave us more perspective on our own Robert Irwin piece.
- Artist Michael Jones McKean creates a different kind of art: real, homemade rainbows. Nice read from Hyperallergic.